250 Coffee samples from 26 different countries were evaluated for this year’s Roasters’ Guild Coffee of the Year Award, the top 10 of which were awarded Coffee of the Year.
The 2012 winning farms are:
- 88.41 – Oromia Cooperative, Oromia Region, Ethiopia
- 88.25 – Cerro Azul, Trujillo, Colombia
- 87.74 – Las Margaritas, Calcedonia, Colombia
- 87.28 – Gedeo Zone, YCFCU, South Region, Ethiopia
- 87.00 – Cielito Lindo, Santa Barbara, Honduras
- 86.94 – Will and Grace; Rising Sun Farms, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.
- 86.75 – Granja La Esperanza, Valle Del Cauca, Colombia
- 86.59 – Finca Buenavista, San Agustin, Huila, Colombia
- 86.47 – Rusty’s Hawaiian, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.
- 86.41 – Ali’i Hawaiian Hula Hands Coffee, Ka’u, Hawaii U.S.A.
Congratulations to all of the winners on their fine achievements! We will all look forward to sampling these exquisite coffees next month at the 24th Annual Specialty Coffee Association of America Event in Portland.